The GRACE and End Child Poverty California team is hiring a Sr. Policy Associate to support our advocacy and education efforts in Sacramento and across California.
We’re looking for a combination of the following:
- Passionate about our children, families, and communities and committed to working thoughtfully and with an intersectional lens on social justice issues
- Comfortable working within a small team as well as with consultants, government officials and agencies, and coalition partners; the latter a diverse mix of advocates and nonprofits, direct service providers, community and grassroots organizations, among others
- A balanced outlook on the demands of work and life, understanding people come first and willing and able to promote a fun, respectful, and healthy work environment
- Curious, reflective, and committed to learning–a proponent of the phrase “I don’t know”
- Dedicated to centering and uplifting the voices, stories, and expertise of people with lived experiences of poverty
If this sounds like the job for you, we look forward to receiving your application! If not for you, please share with someone you think might be a fit–or widely across your networks.
We encourage applications from those in historically excluded or minoritized groups. If you read through the qualifications and don’t meet 100% of them, don’t let that be a barrier–apply anyway!
Please apply by sending a PDF, including a cover letter and resume, via email to email@example.com.