Children and families in poverty were struggling with housing and food insecurity prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. With it has come increased job losses and reduced hours, additional health issues and even more trauma and insecurity.
Our families need emergency cash-in-hand right now to stay fed and housed. To help carry out the efforts of the Governor and the Legislature to bolster the safety net for our most vulnerable families and provide direct economic stimulus, we urge adoption of the one-time emergency measures listed below.
1. One- time Child Poverty Emergency Safety Net Payment
2. One-time Supplemental Emergency CalEITC payment, to include families with ITIN filers
3. One-time Emergency Assistance Payments
Take Action Now
1. URGENT: Send a letter to the Governor urging adoption of the COVID-19 Anti-poverty Stimulus Package.
Use the email email@example.com. NOTE: Due to email overload/bounceback issues, organizations should also send their letter of support via US mail and facsimile to: Governor Gavin Newsom, 1303 10th Street, Suite 1173, Sacramento, CA 95814 AND email Gov. Newsom using the Governor’s email portal. Use the subject heading “COVID-19 Anti-poverty Stimulus.”
2. Email at least 5 people in your network asking them to send a letter to the Governor
3. Share your experience during this crisis. Your story and your community’s experience will help inform policies.
Past Action Calls
→ Add to the COVID-19 Resources List started from this call
→ COVID-19 Anti-poverty Stimulus Package
→ End Child Poverty CA Press Release
→ End Child Poverty CA Letter to the Governor from CEO Conway Collis and Dolores Huerta, President of the Dolores Huerta Foundation
→ End Child Poverty California Movement Resources List (Dynamic & Editable)