Before the state budget is finalized, we need parents, children, and communities across California to demand action on our child poverty crisis. California has more children living in poverty than any other state. One in five California children lives in poverty. That’s almost 2 million children—with 450,000 of those children living in families trying to survive on less than $12,900 per year. But we also have a comprehensive plan to end deep child poverty. Let’s Pass the Plan.
Child poverty is a moral crisis, a public health crisis, and a state fiscal crisis. Let’s mobilize.
Friday, May 17
- Chula Vista | 9:15-10:30 am: Kick-Off Rally & Press Availability at Castle Park High School, 1395 Hilltop Drive, Chula Vista, CA, 91911, Organized by South Bay Community Services | RSVP for Chula Vista
- Los Angeles | 1:30-2:30 pm: Community Meeting & Press Availability at St. John’s Well Child and Family Center, 808 West 58th Street, Los Angeles, CA, with Sen. Holly Mitchell & Asm. Autumn Burke, Organized by St. John’s Well Child and Family Center | RSVP for Los Angeles
- Pomona | 5:00-5:45 pm: Community Event, Taco Line, & Press Availability at Ganesha Park, Pomona, CA 91768, with Sen. Connie Leyva, Organized by Sen. Connie Leyva’s Office | RSVP for Pomona
Saturday, May 18
- Weedpatch | 9:15-10:30 am: Community Meeting & Press Availability at Sunset School, 8301 Sunset Boulevard, Weedpatch, CA, 93307, Organized by the Dolores Huerta Foundation | RSVP for Weedpatch
- Fresno | 12:45-2:15 pm: Community BBQ & Press Availability at the Sunset Community Center, 1345 W. Eden Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93706, with Sen. Melissa Hurtado and Senator Anna Caballero, Organized by Fresno EOC & Fresno EOC Street Saints | RSVP for Fresno
- Salinas | 5:00-6:00 pm: Community Meeting & Press Availability at National Steinbeck Center, 1 Main Street, Salinas, CA, 93901, with Sen. Anna Caballero, Organized by Sen. Anna Caballero’s Office | RSVP for Salinas
Sunday, May 19
- Oakland | 12:15-1:30 pm: Community Meeting & Press Availability at
Saint Mary’s Center, 925 Brockhurst Street at San Pablo Avenue, Oakland, CA 94608, **NOTE LOCATION CHANGE**, with Sen. Nancy Skinner, Organized by Sen. Nancy Skinner’s Office | RSVP for Oakland
Monday, May 20
- Sacramento | 9:15-10:00 am: Closing Rally & Press Availability at the Capitol Steps, 1315 10th Street, Sacramento, CA, 95814, with Dolores Huerta & Legislators | RSVP for Sacramento
The End Child Poverty Plan
The End Child Poverty Plan will eliminate deep child poverty in four years and cut overall child poverty in half in 10-20 years by investing in programs that support families. Over 30 bills representing the plan are moving through the Legislature right now.
Join Us | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our voices and energy will ensure the plan gets passed. Now is the time to act. Join us for all or part of the End Child Poverty Bus Tour. Ride on the bus or meet us at one of the stops.